Environmental and sustainability policy
We are committed to sustainable development (meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs) as a guiding principle within our work. Concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of this commitment. Our aim is to reduce the impact on the environment from our operations.
Our environmental/sustainability action plan
We aim to promote good practice and promote the wider sustainability agenda. We will assess the environmental impacts of our operations and set objectives and targets in order to improve our environmental performance. We will regularly review these targets.
- Promote responsibility for the environment within the organisation and communicate and implement this policy at all levels within the workforce;
- Reduce the use of energy, water and other resources;
- Minimise waste by reduction, re-use and recycling methods;
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation/regulation;
- Ensure that our policies and services are developed in a way that is complimentary to this policy;
- Not prioritise funding needs ahead of sustainability requirements;
- Encourage all workers to commit to the sustainable development philosophy;
- Identify and provide appropriate training, advice and information for staff and encourage them to develop new ideas and initiatives;
- Provide appropriate resources to meet the commitments of this policy; and
- Promoteand encourage involvement in local environmental initiatives/schemes.
- Reduce paper usage by using technology more
- Ensure that technology is only switched on when being used
- Increase recycling opportunities for staff and volunteers
- Car share and reduce mileage
If you have any queries relating to environment and sustainability, please contact
our Managing Director Ben Rigby on firstname.lastname@example.org or
This policy was last reviewed on 11/02/21